September 13, 2020 - 1:00 pm
October 4, 2020 - 1:00 pm
In this four week workshop you learn how to correctly read and pronounce basic Sanskrit mantras using the Devanagiri (Romanized) script. Starting with the core most important mantras and gradually working your way up to short stotras.
Chanting in Sanskrit is not just about religion and spirituality; it is a combination of sound, breath and rhythm that helps you to awaken Prana Shakti direct and channel your energy. Sanskrit has been known to have both psychological and physiological effects on your causal, subtle and physical bodies.
Benefits Of Chanting Sanskrit:
- Chanting improves immunity. The vibration from the mantras stimulate a gland called the hypothalamus, which is responsible for the regulation of many body functions including immunity and creating hormones responsible for well being and happiness.
- Helps to calm the mind and reduce stress. The potent vibrations of Sanskrit mantras helps to stimulate hormones that calms the mind and relaxes the body. It also helps you to maintain one-pointed focus and tranquilizes your mind.
- Balancing the chakras. Chanting helps to stimulate the chakras of your subtle body. These vital energy centres correlate to the various organs and glands of your body. Stimulating and balancing the chakras improves your energy levels, awareness and physical health.
- Increases concentration and learning. According to research people who frequently chant Sanskrit mantras have better concentration and improved learning power.
- Keeps the heart healthy. Chanting Sanskrit mantras drastically calms your mind, thereby slowing down the breathing process, which helps to calm your pulse and keep your heart healthy.
- Powerful stress reduction. Regular chanting has been known to reverse the damage done by constant stress on your the glands and organs of your body.
- Defeats depression and elevates your mood. The potent vibrations from chanting Sanskrit mantras helps the body to release the relaxing hormones that are responsible for reducing depression.
- Increases Tejas Shakti, which is responsible for the radiance and glow of your aura. The vibrations give a subtle massage to the vital points on your face, which helps to improve the circulation of blood and get rid of toxins. The deep breathing that occurs during chanting helps to oxygenate your skin, making it look younger and healthier.
Workshop 1: September 13th
- Intro to Sanskrit Pronunciation (using Devanagiri)
- Benefits of Gayatri
- Chanting Gayatri
- Benefits of Mahamrtyunjaya
- Chanting Mahamrtyunjaya
Workshop 2: September 20th
- Meaning and benefits of 32 Names of Durga
- Chanting 32 Names of Durga
Workshop 3: September 27th
- Sivapanchakshara Stotram
Workshop 4: October 4th
- Tantroktam Devi Suktam
Time: Twelve Sundays at 1:00PM (Pacific Time)
Dates: From September 13th to October 4th
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Recorded Version: Each workshop session is recorded from start to finish so you can refer back to it later and so you can view the material if you were not able to make the live webinar.
Workshop stars in…
In this four week workshop you learn how to correctly read and pronounce basic Sanskrit mantras using the Devanagiri (Romanized) script.BUY NOW